WEMA BANK

WEMA BANK
Take control

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Nigeria: Dying Olawale Needs N10 Million to Live

Chiemelie Ezeobi writes that 20-year-old Kareem Olawale, who has been suffering from Leukemia for the past two years needs N10million for bone marrow transplant.
For most 20-year-olds, life as they know it is just beginning and most times, they are just beginning to navigate the paths to fulfilling their dreams. The same does not ring true for Kareem Olawale, a 20-year-old suffering from acute Leukemia. In simple understandable terms, Olawale has blood cancer and he has refused to give up on life.

Born on October 29, 1994, Olawale who is the first of three children and the only male in his family was not always sick. He was hale and hearty up until his 18th birthday, two years ago, when the sickness struck unexpectedly.
For someone fit before Leukemia came calling, the sickness has now left him as a shadow of himself. Now Olawale needs the help of Nigerians to be treated so he can pursue his dreams like other youngsters of his age. Expectedly, with N10million, a bone marrow transplant can be done in an Indian or South African hospital.
Going down memory lane, Olawale said: "I have been living a normal and smooth life from the beginning of my life as a fit and stable individual until September 2013 when I fell sick.
"Thinking it was ordinary malaria, I went to the hospital but was later sent to do blood film test which later indicated that I was down with Leukemia.
"After which I was admitted into Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi Araba, on October 28, 2013, a day to my birthday.
"Treatment got started and I was duly advise to travel out to South Africa for a bone marrow transplant but due to financial issues I and my family were unable to afford the treatment fee so we decided to take on the chemotherapy treatment which I have been taking since January 2, 2014 till April 11, 2015 and we have spent nothingless than N5million naira.
"On April 11, 2015, I had a relapse of bone marrow (which means the cancer shot up again in the marrow). Now there has been a terrible breakdown in my system which has affected my blood platelet, white and red blood cell, and now am currently on admission to keep me up a little before the transplant is carried out.
"I cry out to faithful and caring Nigerians, I solicit for your help and support as I am in urgent need of 10million Naira for a bone marrow transplant in either India or South Africa which as at now I have no money but I believe with the help of God and you my life can be saved.
"During treatment by chemotherapy, I have spent about 5million naira before the bone marrow relapsed and now a compulsory bone marrow transplant has to be done to keep me alive.
"Please I need Nigerians to please help me raise the amount so as to enable me do the transplant needed. I won't mind if I can get 10,000 people to please help me with a thousand Naira each (N1,000) to raise the 10milllion naira and if God places it in your heart to do more than that God bless you abundantly.
"I am currently on treatment and admission at Good Tidding hospital in Surulere. The door is open for anybody to come and confirm for assurance purposes to prove to you this is not any form of scam or theft.
"I solicit for individual support/help from celebrities, foundations, politicians, NGO's and Coporate bodies as this treatment needs to be carried out urgently so as to keep me alive." On how to reach out to him, the following details were supplied; Kareem Olawale, +2348089415297; his mother, Mrs Kareem- +2348023330350; his father, Mr Kareem-+2348033112915 and his aunty, Christy Thomas-+2348124511871.
Also, for well-meaning Nigerians that would want to assist the youngster in getting back to his feet, donations can be made to Kareem Olawale with GTB account number -0171294409.
Joining his call for help, a well-meaning Nigerian Mrs. Rotimi-Fadipe, said "You and your household and mine will not experience sickness in Jesus Name as you help save this handsome life."

Fellow Nigerians and People of good heart all over the globe let us help

No comments: