WEMA BANK

WEMA BANK
Take control

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sean Tizzle Talks About His Career, Education and Love Life

Sean Tizzle Talks About His Career, Education and Love Life
Sean Tizzle
As the saying goes, “the sky is big enough for all the birds”, the case of Moriahanfe Oluwaseun Oluwabamidele Olarenwaju, a.k.a Sean Tizzle is not different as he has been one of the most anticipated artiste topping the musical list since 2013 after release of his first track “Shole”.

In an exclusive interview, he talks about his fame and what affects his choice.
As the saying goes, “the sky is big enough for all the birds”, the case of Moriahanfe Oluwaseun Oluwabamidele Olarenwaju, a.k.a Sean Tizzle is not different as he has been one of the most anticipated artiste topping the musical list since 2013 after release of his first track “Shole”

In an exclusive interview, he talks about his fame and what affects his choice.

Who is Sean Tizzle behind cameras and how did you come about your stage name?

I am just like every other person. Though, people attach so much significance to celebrities but I don’t let that get to me. I extracted it from my name Seun, and turned it to Sean and the Tizzle is just for effizy so the Sean won’t be alone.
When did you start music officially?

Before my hit song, I have been in the music industry for 5 years officially. However, a seed is not sown in a day; it is a journey of years. What I mean is that I have been in the industry before then. I used to be in a group of three, myself, my cousin and a friend of mine, we did couple of songs together and I was a rapper amongst us then but none of the songs were never released, you know then we were trying to grow but along the line, we separated and I decided to go solo. We all had to do something different to make meaning out of life.  After we broke up, I had my first record deal in 2009.

Would you have succeeded as a rapper?
Definitely I would have succeeded. Everything in life is about time and of course if you are not lazy on what you do and what you enjoy doing, some day, things will pay up for you. I am not God and it is God’s doing where I today. One thing about Nigerian Music industry is just to give them what they enjoy and the sky will be your limit. However, I give all glory to God; I don’t have any regret going into music proper. Rap in Nigeria is embraced that’s why we have people like Ice-Prince doing just fine, MI, Olamide, Phyno even doing better than some of the musicians.

What’s your stake on celebrities having children out of wedlock?
That not a big deal to me. We are all humans and we live our lives the way we choose. The only thing I see about this issue is because we are celebrities and people attach so much importance to whatever we do. It happens to anybody, anywhere. As a matter of fact, it is not a crime to have a child. They are gift from God.

What was your expectation when you released your hit song “Shole”?
Really, I just did my thing as usual and to my greatest surprise, it brought me to lime light. Though, I did my best in the song, I knew what the people wanted so I did a good assignment so I can have my place in the market and fortunately for me, it worked to my advantage with the best team on ground that were always there to support me. Today, I can raise my head up and Thank God. I really appreciate my fans because they have really supported and encouraged me.

Do you think you look like Davido like people claim?
Have heard that a lot of times and I really don’t know. But each time I hear that I smile, after all, I am being associated with a good person so I don’t even mind if they say that.

If not music, what would you be doing?
I studied theater art in University of Ibadan so I have a vast knowledge I acting which simply means if am not singing I will be acting.

Why did you title your album “the journey”?
I wouldn’t have had a better title really. When I think about where I am coming from, it gives me a sense of responsibility and it affects my choice sometimes and the title of my album wasn’t an exception.
Meanwhile, few weeks back, the pop star landed a kiss on a female fan who was obviously mesmerized by his star appearance. It simply a romantic kiss as Sean Tizzle locked his lip into hers.

No comments: