WEMA BANK

WEMA BANK
Take control

Friday, June 19, 2015

Woman Hands Girl To Rapist Because Of Money


Woman Hands Girl To Rapist Because Of Money

Nnena Okoro, a 25 year old woman has been arrested by the police after she allegedly tricked a 14 year old girl, Faith to a hotel where she was eventually raped.

Faith (real name withheld) was said to be living in Sumoratu Estate, off Ojo Road, Lagos State where Okoro also reside. Faith was said to be residing with her aunt but took Okoro as her confidant.


According to Punch, on the noon of May 16 when Faith’s aunt was not around, Okoro came to the teenager and told her to accompany her to buy mangoes at Barracks.

Okoro however reportedly rejected the mangoes there and suggested going to Wowo, a nearby street, where the hotel was located.

According to Faith, Okoro handed her to a man in the hotel after she had already received an undisclosed amount and covered her mouth while the man raped her.

“Aunty Nnena (Okoro) said I should follow her to buy mangoes in Barracks Lane. She did not like the mangoes they had there and she said we should go to Ojo Road. We went to a hotel and met a man, who she called her friend. Aunty Nnena told me to enter a room. Suddenly, both of them dragged me to the bed. Nnena held my hand and covered my mouth with a cloth. The man pulled off my trousers and raped me. He left the hotel immediately he finished doing it and said he had paid Aunty Nnena.”

“I went outside crying. It was one woman around the area that helped to clean the blood coming out from my private parts when she saw me. She later took me to the Layeni Police Station.”

Okoro however in her confession to the police admitted to taking the minor to the hotel but denied being responsible for the girl’s rape and claimed she had never met the man, who has already fled, before.

She said, “Faith is my friend. On the fateful day, we both went to buy mangoes on Ojo Road. On getting to a hotel at Tolu, one man called her. They both discussed and the man paid N500 to the hotel attendant and they entered the room. I later left them inside the room to ease myself. It was when I came back that she told me that she was raped. I did not know that she was a virgin. We have never discussed anything like that before. Her pants were stained with blood. I have never seen the man before that day, but I can recognize him if I see him again.”

Okoro has been arraigned at the Apapa Magistrate counts while the police have embarked on a manhunt for the rapist.

The charges read, “That you, Nnena Okoro, and one other male, now at large, on May 16, 2015, at about 3.20pm, at Graziela Hotel on Wowo Street, Tolu, Ajegunle, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did conspire to commit felony to wit; defilement, and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 409 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2011.

“That you, Nnena Okoro, on the same date, time and place in the aforementioned magisterial district, did hold the hands of 14-year-old Faith to the bed and allowed one other man at large to have unlawful carnal knowledge of her, and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2011.”

The defendant after pleading not guilty was granted bail in the sum of N100,000 and the case adjourned the case till June 2, 2015.

No comments: