WEMA BANK

WEMA BANK
Take control

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Amaechi signs N338bn Appropriation Bill into law

rotimi Amaechi
Rivers State Governor, Chibuike  Amaechi, has signed the state N338 billion Appropriation Bill for the current year into law.
Speaking at the ceremony in Government House, Port Harcourt, yesterday, Governor Amaechi said his administration would continue to be purposeful in expending the state’s budget.
According to him, his administration had been very frugal in spending state funds on meeting the needs of the people of the state.

“We will implement this budget until May 29. Nobody can say that we did not perform, from education to health. When people say our legacy is education, I laugh. The health centres that we have built all over the state are there as projects that will be remembered by all. The roads, if you remember when we took over, were narrow and how many roads we had in the state,” he said.
Amaechi said he could account for how money was spent on various projects.
The governor thanked members of the state House of Assembly for being good partners towards the attainment of success by his administration.
“Let me thank the House for the opportunity to sign one more budget before I depart from office. I am excitedly looking forward to departing from this office because it is extremely tedious, but I must thank you that all efforts at breaking down the House and government were not successful. You can see that my brother and friend in Ebonyi State is battling with the same people, the same people who don’t obey laws are battling him in Ebonyi. They tried it in Adamawa State, in the same illegal manner; they removed the governor. Here, they were not successful. Let me on behalf of the Rivers people, my family, that is, my wife and children, thank all members of the Rivers State House of Assembly,” he said.
He urged Rivers people to vote for the APC governorship candidate, Dr. Dakuku Peterside, in the forthcoming election and rescue the state from the hands of those he described as intending hijackers of the state treasury.
He blasted the PDP governorship candidate in the state for his alleged corrupt tendencies over the years, describing him as unfit for governorship in Rivers State.
“I don’t have mansions like they have. They have mansions even behind the Government House and they are not ashamed.”
I have not done a contract; neither have I taken Rivers State Government money and refused to execute the job. I have said here that Nyesom Wike has the contract to do the road project inside the stadium but abandoned the contract. He has taken N3.5 billion and abandoned the job. He has not addressed that and then he is accusing us. That is, I am talking about abandoned contracts.”

No comments: