WEMA BANK

WEMA BANK
Take control

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Godwin Obaseki
Governor Godwin Obaseki
The mother of a three-year-old boy who was burnt to death when fire engulfed a building at Ijiorgbor Street in Ikooba-Okha Local Government Area of Edo State, Mrs. Sophia Denis, has appealed to Governor Godwin Obaseki and other well meaning Nigerians for financial assistance.

Mrs. Denis, who survived the fire incident along with her five-year-old son, made the plea while speaking to newsmen on Wednesday at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH).
Also, doctors at the hospital confirmed that Martin Denis, her surviving son, has a 50-50 chance of living if the funds required to treat him are made available.
She stated that her family lost everything they had to the inferno, adding that she is just a petty pap seller whose husband is jobless.
Mrs. Denis further explained that the cause of the inferno was unknown, but her early arrival at the house after she had finished selling her pap for the day, led to the rescue of her bedridden son.
She said: “When I got home and saw the fire, the windows and doors were locked. Our neighbours told me to bring my key but I told them I have no key and that I left the children with their father. So the neighbours helped me break down the door.
“The area where my younger son was kept was the part that was burning in the house, but this one was not there. However, because of the heat, he was badly injured.
“I have lost everything. I have lost my son. I am pleading with the government to help me. I don’t have money and I sell pap. Their father doesn’t have a job.
“I beg everybody to come and rescue my child for me. The doctor said it’s a 50-50 chance for my son to survive but its only money that can make him alive.”

No comments: